September 27, 2022 Update
COVID-19 Protocol Changes
We are pleased to announce that the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Medicare (CMS) have loosened some of the restrictions for facilities, such as Westminster Canterbury-Lynchburg, that provide long-term nursing care. Below are some of the changes that will affect you as a visitor. Please share with your family and friends who may also be visiting as well.
We need to inform you about the changes to visitation guidelines issued recently by the Centers for Medicare Services (CMS). These revised guidelines apply to the Healthcare, Short-term Rehabilitation Center and Assisted Living neighborhoods on our campus.
Effective September 27, 2022
- Visitors are no longer required to screen in at the main entrance of Westminster Canterbury-Lynchburg before coming to visit family and friends.
- Visitors should still wear masks during their visit unless alone in the residents’ homes. Masks are still required throughout the campus.
- Continue to perform hand hygiene frequently throughout your visit.
- Practice social distancing while visiting.
- If you have ANY symptoms of COVID-19 please do not visit, according to the CDC, at this time, symptoms could include but are not limited to:
- People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms.
- Possible symptoms include: Fever or chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, Diarrhea.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 please do not visit for 10 days after the start of your symptoms or the date you tested positive. You can come in to visit after 7 days only if you tested yourself at home and tested negative within 48 hours of your 7th day.
- If you have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19 please do not visit for 10 days.
Please help us continue to keep our residents safe by following the above protocol changes. You will continue to get emails from us with any positive cases on campus.