Westminster Canterbury is firmly committed to helping employees who wish to continue their education. Family scholarships and the Payne Family Employee Education Fund help part-time and full-time workers pursue educational opportunities. Donations to these funds translate into a better educated and more competent workforce in our community.
Donors may choose from the educational options listed below when considering how to direct their tax-deductible gift. Each fund plays a unique role and provides support to Westminster Canterbury team members.
- AllenEmma Science Scholarship assists those pursuing a college degree in geriatric services and health sciences.
- Cary A. Coffing Memorial Scholarship assists those pursuing trades and/or middle skills job training.
- Lamar Nix/Anny C. Bennett Scholarship assists those pursing studies in geriatric health services.
- Payne Family Employee Education Fund provides employees with a loan opportunity to help further their education.
- Margaret “Peggy” Slusher Memorial Award helps healthcare team members advance to higher nursing degrees; i.e. LPN, RN and MSN degree.