Campus Visitation - Outdoors
We appreciate your patience and attention to safety over the past six months as we have navigated through the COVID-19 pandemic. This allows us to move forward with our initial plan to open our campus to family visitors.
Outdoor Campus Visits are for Westminster Canterbury Lynchburg’s independent living residents only, as our assisted living and healthcare areas are operating under mandates from various government agencies. Family visitation to other areas of campus are managed in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
We are pleased to announce campus visitation with outside visits begins Tuesday, September 29th, following a Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. schedule. Visits will be:
- Two hours in length
- No more than two adult visitors, preferably immediate family members.
We regret that we will NOT be able to welcome anyone under the age of 18 years old at this time. For visits, we continue to encourage the wearing of masks and maintaining the recommended social distance of at least 6 ft. apart. No visitors will be allowed in any of the buildings on campus.
Suggested areas around campus for visits:
- Cottage residents may visit on their patios or porches. The Williams Road gate will remain closed. Please use the main entrance road.
- Brookhaven, Creekside and Woods Edge residents on ground level may visit outside on their patios with their guests.
- Fountain area outside the Wellness Center
- Golf cart parking area next to the Main Lobby
- Lower C Parking Lot under the trees near the fire lane
- Playground area beyond the Lower C Parking Lot
- Woods Edge circle under the trees
- Pavilion on the Nature Trail
- Picnic table on the Nature Trail
- Pigeon Creek sitting area on the Nature Trail.
- Bring your own chairs to use additional areas of campus.
Family Members: Please follow these procedures when you visit Westminster Canterbury.
- All guests must park in the Brookhaven Visitor Lot which is the first driveway on the right as you enter the campus. After you park, go to the main lobby to be screened. This will include answering some questions, signing an affidavit and having temperatures taken.
- If you have travelled via plane, train, ship or bus within the previous two weeks, please do not schedule a visit. You are not permitted on campus. Please schedule your visit for a later time.
- All guests must wear their own masks to campus. Please put them on before entering the lobby.
- Once approved for visitation, guests must meet residents outdoors. Guests may not walk through the buildings.
- All residents and guests are asked to practice proper hygiene and hand sanitation.
- At this time, guests are not welcome to dine in our Café or to lounge in common areas of the buildings. Similarly, we are unable to allow visitors to stay in our guest rooms.
- In the event of inclement weather, we regret that we will not be able to allow visitors indoors. You may wish to reschedule your visit whenever the weather disrupts your visitation reservation.